The term Yoni Steam was first created in 2009 to reflect our holistic approach to ancient vaginal steaming methods and is a modern version of ancient and traditional Bath & postpartum steam traditions that are thousands of years in the making. The Yoni Steam is a natural and gentle holistic approach to vaginal steaming. This form of hydrotherapy utilizes herbal infusions from mother earth into a warm relaxing bath that you sit over and allow to cleanse and detox your vagina, cervix, uterus and entire reproductive system via the steam vapors. Vaginal Steaming has been historically used to cleanse the uterus, release toxins, for fertility conditions, cleansing after the menstrual cycle each month, after childbirth support to re-strengthen and tone the reproductive organs, symptoms of PMS, blood clotting during the menstrual cycle, to regulate the menstrual cycle and also for preventative care.
Direction and Caution:
Add 4 cups of water in a pot and bring it to a boil, add half pack of Closet Extraordinaire Yoni Steam Herbs, cover with a lid and let it stay for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove everything from pot into stainless steel bowl on a rug/carpet and let it cool for 3-4 minutes before you sit over it for 30mins and cover up. You can purchase a vaginal steam seat or build one at home, may be a simple chair with a hole in the middle.
Ensure that the vaginal steam seat is sturdy and that it is placed far enough above the steam not to cause a burn. The hot steam should not be in a plastic bowl. Toxins from the plastic can leak into the water. Glass jars are also common but often break if the water is too hot. The best setup is to have the water and herbs in a stainless steel pot. Cover yourself with a light sheet or thin robe to keep the heat within for full effect.
- 2 to 3 times per month, always during weeks in which you are not menstruating.
- 2 to 3 times within the week before menstruation if you have a difficult time when menstruating.
- Women experiencing fertility challenges should steam once per week, and twice during the week before ovulation.
- During postpartum, steam may be done 3 times per week for a month to heal and tone the uterus and vagina (DO NOT STEAM IF YOU HAVE OPEN WOUNDS OR STILL BLEEDING).
- During menopause, steam at least 2 times per month but may steam more often if you are comfortable.
- Those with yeast infections, uterine fibroid, ovarian cysts, hemorrhoids, uterine prolapse or endometriosis, should steam 3 times per week for 4.5 months and see if there are changes.
When not to steam:
- DO NOT STEAM IF YOU ARE PREGNANT
- DO NOT STEAM IF YOU HAVE AN INTRAUTERINE DEVICE
- DURING MENSTRUATION
- IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE INFECTION OR DISEASE, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE USE
- DO NOT STEAM IF YOU HAVE OPEN WOUNDS
- THEY SHOULD NOT BE ANY SIDE EFFECTS OF USING YONI STEAM, IF YOU EXPERIENCE UNUSUAL FEELINGS, DISCONTINUE USE.
- IF YOU HAVE VAGINAL PIERCINGS (REMOVE THEM)
Clematis chinensis Osbeck, Parsnip, Cinnamomum cassia Presl, Cortex acanthopanacis, Angelicae pubescentis, Ligusticum chuanxiong Hort, Angelica sinensis, Caulis Spatholobi, Wormwood, Rhizoma zingiberis, Carthamus tinctorius, Leonurus, Lycopodium clavatum and MORE.
(30 kinds of 100% Natural herbs) 50g/bag.
Links to people talking about Vaginal Steam:
Eva Marcille: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRU0u9bY8EY